Orchard Pump & Supply Co., Inc. was established in June of 1987 when Ken and Jeanne Hafer bought Frederick Miller Supply Co. in Lewisburg, PA. We started with few customers and little business. At the beginning, our largest and most valuable asset was the relationship that Frederick Miller had developed with Goulds Pumps and Master Water Conditioning Company. Beginning day one, our first employee, Terry “Mitch” Mitchell and I worked tirelessly to spread the word about Orchard Pump and to build relationships with other vendors and especially with our potential customer base. Rick Wetzel joined Orchard Pump in 1989 and Jeff Walls joined the “Team” in 1993. We consistently gained customers and grew the business. “Mitch”, Rick and Jeff formed the backbone of the company and I am proud to say that they are still with us today, building relationships and taking care of business. Thanks, guys.
Our first thought of expansion occurred when our Goulds Regional Manager, Joe Rausa left Goulds in early 1996. Shortly thereafter, Joe and I formed a partnership and opened the second Orchard Pump location in Ephrata, PA. Joe’s expertise and experience in the pump industry led to rapid growth for us in the south eastern and south central region of PA.
Joe retired in April of 2013. He and his wife, Jerre, are enjoying the good life in North Carolina. Congratulations, Joe.
The third Orchard Pump location was opened in State College, PA in 2003. As the Lewisburg office grew its business to the west it became a logical progression to open a store in Centre County. With this new hub we are better able to serve our existing customers in the State College area and we are able to expand our presence with customers to the north, south and west.
In 2008, Tom Robsock, a seasoned sales professional, joined Orchard Pump to lead the sales and marketing effort. With Tom’s vision and leadership we are well positioned to continue our growth by selling only quality products and by providing excellent customer service. We continue to look for appropriate growth opportunities whenever and wherever they occur.
The fourth Orchard Pump location was opened in Camp Hill, PA in 2010. Similar to the Lewisburg/State College progression Ephrata/Camp Hill accomplished the same set of goals. This location is uniquely positioned to do very well in all the market segments that we serve.
OPSCO Service Inc. was opened in Lewisburg, PA in July of 2013. We are a full service pump and motor repair facility. We repair end suction, split case, vertical turbine, positive displacement, air-operated diaphragm, progressive cavity and submersible pumps and mixers. We regularly service customers in the municipal, industrial, contractor, commercial, coal and oil & gas markets. Beginning in 2015 we rewind all electric motors in house.
OPSCO Service will be moving to a larger repair facility at 1723 Westbranch Highway, Winfield, PA August 3rd, 2015. This larger facility will greatly enhance our capabilities and our ability to more effectively and efficiently serve our customers.
As we celebrate our twenty-ninth anniversary in 2016 we continue to be a service oriented, quality first niche player selling and servicing only water systems, water treatment and waste water related products.
Who We Are
Orchard Pump Memberships
What People Say
- Rosenberry's Septic Services is pleased to have partnered with OPSCO to meet our customers pump needs. With OPSCO expert technical guidance, I am assured that the correct pump will be selected for the application at hand. When our customers are happy, we're happy. Thanks OPSCO.Bill NeidighRosenberry's Septic Services
- From our very first contact with Orchard Supply in 2008, our experience has been as good as it gets in the world of wholesale plumbing. Orchard Supply’s inventory of water and sewage pumps is incomparable. In our opinion you can tell how well a wholesaler values their customers is by the scope of their inventory they carry. If you have a customer that has a large poultry or other agricultural operation, or anybody with a need for a larger than normal pump, Orchard Supply is the company to have in your corner. Their inventory is one thing; but, their service is right “on-par”. Orchard Supply has traveled as far as the Lewisburg area and delivered a 50 gpm water pump to the Hanover area as fast as could be done. We truly value their service.Chris ThompsonJOHN M. WILHIDE PLUMBING & HEATING, INC
- We have dealt with OPSCO for many years and they stand out as one our best suppliers. From their great personal service and prompt response to information requests to working together to solve the inevitable challenges that come up in the course of business, OPSCO personnel excel at making sure we have what we need. This, in turn, enables us to give prompt and personal service to our customers and helps us be efficient and profitable. Also, everyone at OPSCO is so helpful and friendly. We have enjoyed working together with them and plan to continue our business relationship far into the future.Darin MartinMartin Water
- I appreciate the support. Always there when needed even nights & weekends. Quick to get us products & answers in the time of need We thank you for helping us be what our customers expectMike LeonardMike Leonard's Plumbing
- My company started using OPSCO for their customer service and competitive pricing. We continue to use OPSCO because they have always backed up their customer service and when we need help they are always available to help us figure out a solution to the problem and they continue to have competitive pricing. Unlike other companies OPSCO has always over delivered on their customer service and that always helps us look good to our customers. We are proud to partner with OPSCO and will continue to do so.Steve WaltersWalters Environmental Services Inc.
- Just wanted to pass on a thank you to you and your crew. Your sales and service staff both inside and out are a great asset to you and the customers. They are very knowledgeable and helpful, not to mention same day service when we are in need of a pump in an emergency. Thanks again.Dennis CliverMcGovern Environmental